"We don't become southern, we're born that way."

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fact or Myth: Do Teething Necklaces Really Help The Pain?

Raw Round Dark and Light Lemon Necklace from Baltic Creations


Well, I think it is both! Because some of the teething necklaces out there are not the ‘real deal’! Yes, it may be amber, but not all amber is created equal. You have to be careful and know what to look for. The two main things you need to be sure of is: 1. It must be BALTIC amber.  2. The amber must be RAW or UNPOLISHED.  So long as it is these two things it should at least curb the pain. Now, I want to explain why these two things are so important. First, Baltic amber is the most superior amber because of its high succinic acid level. It is the only amber with a succinic acid level high enough to be analgesic. So yes, we want it to actually be an analgesic because we are looking for something to help with the pain of teething. Second it needs to be raw/unpolished because we want that acid to easily be released from the gem onto our little one’s skin so that it can be absorbed. If it is polished, then it has a polish on there to make it shiny; so the polish keeps that acid in the gem. So now the big question is, how do I find a genuine raw Baltic amber necklace? Well, I can vouch for Baltic Creations. (www.balticcreations.net) I ordered a raw necklace for my baby and it has done wonders for us! He is much less cranky during the day and at night he no longer tosses and turns and moans and crawls on me because he cannot sleep. He still wakes up a lot, but at least he goes right back to sleep. Since we received the necklace, he has worn it 24/7 except for one night and that one night he was right back to the restless semi-awake state of misery for both he and I!!  I am sold!! It works for him.  I don’t believe that it takes away every bit of the pain, but it definitely makes it tolerable for him. For more detailed information on Baltic Amber check out the Baltic Creations web site (https://www.balticcreations.net/index.php?main_page=page_2 ) as well as the Amber Artisans web site (http://www.amberartisans.com/articles.html ). I have an adult polished amber necklace from Amber Artisans, and I personally think that it is a lovely piece. But I think that my son’s necklace from Baltic Creations is better made. The beads seem much more closely and tightly tied together. His necklace is just the absolute best quality you could ask for. From here on out, Baltic Creations is our one stop amber shop!  I can’t wait to get more from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment