1 C. brown rice and 1/4 C. wild rice (uncooked measurements) cook it beforehand
8 oz. package of fresh baby bella mushrooms sliced and sauteed
1/2 C. onion diced and sauteed
2 C. cooked chicken breast shredded
1/2 C. chicken broth
1/2 C. sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1/2 C. parmesan cheese shredded
8 oz. block of colby jack cheese shredded and divided in half
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook your rice.
2. Prepare and sautee the mushrooms and onions. Do them separately. Preheat your oven to 350.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken broth and sour cream. Add in the parmesan and half of the colby jack and the shredded chicken. Add in mushrooms and onions as finished. Salt and pepper. Combine. Add in the rice. Mix in gently.
3. Spread into a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the colby jack over the top and cover with foil.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes on 350.
|Mushroom, Chicken and Rice Casserole|