"We don't become southern, we're born that way."

Saturday, February 22, 2014

What is in my hospital bag?

Well, for starters it is alot. You will either appreciate this post or get a laugh out of it. I know that the hospital provides some of the things that I packed, but I wanted my own or a more natural alternative.


My full hospital bag (Large Vera Bradley Duffel in Canyon)

Boppy Pillow all ready

For Mama:
Extra copy of my 'birth preference list'
Snacks, Yummy Earth Candies, (to help keep up blood sugar) coconut water, ginger ale, and Ultima  Replinisher (for during and after labor hydration)
Natural Vitality Magnesium (to help keep away constipation after delivery)
Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil
Earth Mama Angel Baby New Mama Bottom Spray
Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter
Two packs of Seventh Generation Overnight Pads
Hugo Naturals Travel Kit in Sweet Orange and Vanilla
Chapstick
Tooth brush and toothpaste
Shower pouf
Three pairs of cloth nursing pads
Two pairs of nursing bras
Two pairs of panties
One nursing gown
One pair of PJs
Robe
Lightweight sweater
Comfy, stretchy skirt and t-shirt to go home in
Flip-flops (better than ruining nice slippers, and you can wear them in the shower)


Those alcoholic looking bottles are the real brewed Ginger Ale sweetened with honey.


For Baby:
One pack of Seventh Generation Newborn Diapers
One pack of Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
Earth Mama Angel Baby Wash and Lotion
Boppy Nursing Pillow (lifesaver for me)
Hats
Two pairs of socks
Two long sleeve onesies
Four footless sleepers (these work better because of all the tags/alarms they put on the baby)
Two swaddle blankets
One receiving blanket
Four burp cloths
One footed sleeper, onesie, hat, and warm blanket for going home in




Let me know if you think that I forgot anything.
And thanks to Genevieve aka  Mama Natural for introducing me to Ultima Replinisher and Natural Vitality Natural Calm Magnesium




No comments:

Post a Comment