"We don't become southern, we're born that way."

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe

So, I have been trying to find the 'perfect' granola bar recipe(s) for about a month now. So far it hasn't been easy, in fact, I have had to make my own recipe(s). So here is the first-enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 stick of butter-soft
1/4 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. honey
(beat these with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy)
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 C. flour (you can use rice if you need to go GF!)
(beat these into wet mixture)
2 1/2 C. rolled oats
(beat them in too)
3/4 C. mini chocolate chips
(stir in)
Now, place evenly in a greased 9X13 glass dish. Then take the palm of your hand and smash it in there really well so that they will stay together. Bake on 325 for approximately 23 minutes. It should be golden brown. Allow to completely cool and cut into desired size bars. I usually cut 16-20 bars. They are very similar to the Quaker Granola Bars- which is what I am trying to simulate for Boo-Bear! Still perfecting my fruit and nut bars:)

No comments:

Post a Comment